This holiday season I’m determined to give thoughtful and kind gifts. Most websites charge crazy prices for shipping, take forever to fabricate a product and even longer to arrive.
It has been a rough month and our world is changing. We are focused on what matters most in our lives, and what is essential.
It’s day 10 of the 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guides and we’re channelling Austin Powers and the Fonz. These are gifts that groove.
It’s the hap – happiest time of the year! Honestly because we’ve been preparing the 2015 UrbanMommies Holiday Gift Guide I cannot WAIT for Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals!
On day for of our Twelve Days of Christmas Gifts we are lightening up a tad, with gifts that amuse.
On day three of our Twelve Days of Christmas Gift Guides we hone in on gifts that tickle our senses and make us mindful of the joys of a life well lived.
1. to go to the bathroom alone
2. someone to remove smushed Cheerios from my car
3. to check the lost and found and not find something with my kid’s name on it
4. other people to stop telling me how advanced their kids are
5. to open the fridge and not find empty containers
6. to have a few pieces of clothing my daughter doesn’t borrow
7. a Saturday morning listening to Madonna instead of Dora and the Wiggles
8. my Mom to stop saying ‘you ate/did/played with it and you turned out fine’
9. my kids to know where they put their library books
10. An ipad with my own apps on it
11. invisible full-body spanx
12. to remember every second of their childhood
What would you add to mommy’s Christmas list?
Every Day from December 1-12 UrbanMommies will be giving away a new prize to help our readers with Holiday shopping! We will release the name of the winners daily on this page along with a link to our review of the super-secret prize you have won. Prizing contributors will be announced shortly. Good luck and Happy Holidays from all of us at UrbanMommies.
If you are a brand who would like to participate in the prizing please click here.
Want your cake and eat it too? There’s nothing wrong with being fickle. Particularly when it makes you more efficient and fabulous. Black+white (grey). Jet+boat (floatplane). So in case your Valentine tends to be fickle… we are giving away a brand new HP Envy x2 Tablet/Computer. You know – the one that has the removable screen that makes it a tablet but also attaches to the keyboard for those of you who need a laptop? Everyone will ENVY Your Valentine.
We tested one and were shocked at the ease of setup. Unlike my current laptop and tablet – there are 2 USB ports, an 8MP camera and even an HDMI slot.
Ultra- thin and super- light (3.11 lbs) with a sleek aluminum finish, the HP ENVY x2 is designed to go wherever you go. Some occasions call for the power of a notebook and others, the freedom of a tablet. With a ground-breaking design, the HP ENVY x2 gives you both. Easily switch from notebook to tablet and back again; the tablet magnetically slides off and on, latching securely into place.
Key features: – Optimized for Windows® 8 operating system
– Vivid colour, on an 11.6- inch diagonal HD touch display
– 1080P HD webcam with digital integrated microphone for face-to-face conversations, plus an 8.0 MP camera for shooting crystal- clear photos and video
– Built for mobility with exceptional 14- hour battery life to work, surf and play all day
– HP Connected Photo allows you to sync photos across your PC, smartphone, and tablet. Crop, rotate, add captions, and more, then share with your social network
– Email, calendar, and social networks update automatically with Microsoft Windows® Connected Standby
– Equipped with Beats Audio™ and dual speakers for the best- sounding, richest audio available
So here’s the deal. We’re looking for ideas for some of the UrbanDaddies out there. To get the biggest chance of winning, record a very short video telling us the PERFECT gift for Valentine’s Day. You can also enter through the rafflecopter form below. The winner will be announced February 12th. You should have your new HP Envy in hand by Feb. 14th. But you might want to keep it for yourself if you are more fickle than your partner. It’s good to have a bit of Envy..
Email videos or links to the Youtube account to: firstname.lastname@example.org or place the link in the comment section below.
Open to Canadian and US Residents who are the age of majority only. Valid entries only. Contest ends February 12, 2013.For complete Rules and Regulations please click here.
There is little as special as a peaceful bath with soap you have made yourself. Try different scents, and let the kids experiment with their own colours and smells. Handmade soap is spectacular hostess treat for the holidays, or perfect for holiday gifts. Once you are comfortable with the basics, you can try different recipes, or interesting moulds to create amazing one-of-a-kind soaps.