On our twelfth and final day of gift guides for 2015, we focus on gifts that transport and navigate. They take you places, shift your mindset, and widen your perspective. If you missed any of the other 11 days all of the guides are listed here, along with a cool contest to win $250 in Visa Gift Cards. Happy Holidays!
It’s time to change the way you and your children move through the world!
Bugaboo has recently collaborated with the Van Gogh Museum to design a new collection of strollers which reinterpret the infamous work of the artist.
Always top of mind when you are pregnant is the stroller. This year we’ve put together our top strollers for 2015 with luxury in mind.
1. The Cadillac of strollers. The Silver Cross was beloved by our own mothers while walking on bustling urban streets and it’s back with a vengeance in partnership with Aston Martin. And kick-ass wheels (of course). Oh, and it includes a 100% cashmere baby blanket.
2. Young Versace makes a beautiful carseat/bassinete/stroller system for a child from 0-3 years. The medusa logo is embroidered on the bedding, and the handle features a latte holder. Which you will absolutely need.
3. The Fendi Inglesina stroller line features a shock-absorbing pram and also a versatile foldable toddler stroller adorned with the signature ‘Double F’ fabric. There’s a gorgeous baby carrier as well.
4. One of the North American preferred brands has been Bugaboo. Easy to shift, sexy to push and with tons of accessories like umbrellas and jogging extensions, this is a well-priced, durable model. Special editions by Diesel, Andy Warhol and Kaviar Gauche are also available.
5. The Stokke line takes ergonimics very seriously, and the strollers are super easy to adjust. We love the design and how they look as if they are hovering on one bar with your tiny one floating!
6. iCandy is another UK brand who stands behid innovation. Soon they will launch a custom line, and even if you don’t want to design your own, the vibrant colours in the existing roster are spectacular. iCandy also offers limited editions.
I thought Gastown couldn’t get any more cool. But now the chic parenting set is being served with fashionable baby gear. After their success in Toronto, Ella + Elliot opened at 126 West Hastings Street in Vancouver and we can’t get enough. Mini Kartel ghost chairs and bouncers would perfectly match our adult-sized versions. We picked up the Marimekko memory game and wooden manners set too. Fantastic strollers available include Orbit, Bugaboo and Stokke. Aden and Anais muslin swaddle cloths and soft Petit Bateau basics will keep us coming back. If you’re looking for a special gift check the Areaware gold rattle. Every baby needs a bit of bling to start off life.
- We love design. We love babies. And the chic stroller makes us want to keep the kids coming….. Here are a few of our top picks at the moment for the coolest new strollers.Silver Cross Balmoral
An iconic, stately pram, hand crafted in Yorkshire with unique leather suspension straps and a classic carriage that guarantees comfort and safety.
Weighs 37kg. Prices around $4000
- 4 Moms Origami stroller
Opens and closes itself with a simple press of a button. Rear wheels have built in generators that charge the stroller while you walk (and can charge a cell phone!). Lots of storage (cup holders and removable storage bags) Has running and pathway lights for safety. LCD screen includes thermometer, speedometer and other lifetime odometers.
for use with children up to 40lbs. Dimensions are 41” l, 28” w, 39” when open. The toddler sized stroller is 32 lbs.
Prices $849.99 on www.shop4moms.com
- Bloom CMYK Zen Stroller
This stylish, light all-terrain stroller includes a solar lighting system (light beams or flash hazard lights), a freestanding folding design that makes it easy to stash In small spaces.
Stroller weighs 25.3 lbs. For infant up to 44lbs.
Price $799 at Giggle.com
- Ride on Carry On
Traveling with little ones is made easy with this convertible children’s chair that comfortably snaps onto carry on luggage. Perfect for rolling your child through the terminal and right to their seat. The padded headrest can be pulled down for use as a tray table. The chair folds flat without removing so it can fit through security and in the overhead storage compartment.
Recommended for children from 8mnths-5 years (up to 50 lbs)
Priced at $39.99
- Bugaboo + Missoni Chameleon
This stylish, brightly colored stroller features a detachable bassinet, adjustable handle, and four swivel wheels. The suspension is also adjustable and creates smooth strolling.
include a matching Missoni chevron blanket.
- Mima Kids Kobi cosmo stroller
Has a patented “carrycot” system where the seat can be converted by unzipping the seat. The seat can be rear or forward facing. Removable changing bag, clip on canopy, adjustable handle and seat height positions. Can accommodate another seat while still being average sized for a stroller.
Weighs 29.4 lbs. Suitable for infants from birth to 37 pounds.
1200 Euros on kidslovedesign.com