On day three of our Twelve Days of Christmas Gift Guides we hone in on gifts that tickle our senses and make us mindful of the joys of a life well lived.
1. I was tickled to receive Play All Day Elmo at Beaches Resorts Social Media on the Sand and it was clear he’d be a holiday hit. This cuddly and interactive Sesame Street Elmo toy includes 8 games and activities and 150+ responses to help keep kids engaged. On sale – $49.97
2. Tickle The Ivories! I am delighted anytime I get the chance to sit and listen to someone play the piano in a fabulous saloon. Sadly I myself can not Tickle the Ivories, but when I am in the mood, I turn to the masters. To see what I mean, just listen to Big Tiny Play the Hoagy Carmichael classic Stardust. Listen while you order these gems for the one you want to Tickle and Delight. Errol Garner Concert by the Sea, is a winner. Ibiza boasts some of the sexiest saloons in the world today, and the music from Ibiza Piano Bar Music Buddha Bar is as sexy as it gets. Blossom Dearie’s breathy earthy passion continues to tickle my ear, my brain and my funny bone. Her Blossom Dearie boxed set of Complete Recordings will tickle you, break your heart, and delight. I also just grabbed Dame Moura Lympany’s, Piano Favorites and it’s my new ‘work music’. $10.09
3. COVERGIRL + OLAY FACELIFT EFFECT. You feel your skin start to tingle immediately with this one. Get luxurious, flawless coverage combined with the powerful hydrating effects of a night cream. The result? Firmer-looking skin for an instant facelift effect. The exclusive Olay FaceFirm technology, infused with a concentrated vitamin complex for all-day hydration and skin renewal, plumps and lifts. After just two weeks of continued use, skin’s natural firmness is improved. $16.40
4. With he anticipation of the new Star Wars film, the Lego Millenium Falcon is perfect for the season. As we step on stray Lego pieces, we all know they don’t actually ‘tickle’ but we couldn’t resist. $179.99
5. Oral-B PRO Black 7000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth electric toothbrush. Working in tandem with a mobile tracking app, this innovative electric toothbrush delivers real-time guidance and records your brushing activity to provide personalized data that you can chart on your own and share with your dentist. It’s the most premium toothbrush from the Oral-B family and the first of its kind in the world. $155.00
6. Frosted Cranberry Bath Fizzers from The Body Shop. Add a touch of festive fun to your bath time with our Bath Fizzers from our holiday collection. Each jar contains 10 fizzing cubes scented with a refined fragrance – perfect for the seasonal of indulgence! With plum extract from Turkey. $20.00
7. Scratchy beards tickle and limit the number of kisses your kids are willing to plant on your face. Big Red Beard Combs No. 16 – Hardwood Blade Walnut from the Beard Bastard. the epic ‘Hardwood Blade’. It’s constructed using Big Red’s standard laminated process making for one of the largest and strongest combs they’re offering. It’s like two combs in one. One side is a slightly modified fine tooth similar to the No.7 and the opposite side is the wide tooth pattern of the No.9. Keep this beaut by your side to keep your Beard looking it’s best. $22
8. Dyson Airblade V in sprayed nickel tickles your hands as they quickly dry without the spread of germs. $799
9. Tickle My Nose! Nothing tickles my nose like the bubbles in a glass of Champagne. It turns out that it might just tickle my brain beneficially too. Scientists at Reading University say that a regular dose of bubbles can help in the fight against brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s and dementia. Jeremy Spencer, a biochemistry professor who led the research, said: “Dementia probably starts in the 40s and goes on to the 80s. It is a gradual decline and so the earlier people take these beneficial compounds in champagne, the better.”
Thank you Professor Spencer for giving me this Christmas Prescription to take one bottle of Champagne daily. I am hoping Santa will bring me the the 2006 Vintage of the Dom Perignon. Under the creative leadership of cellar master Richard Geoffroy, Dom Pérignon is reinvented with every Vintage. The miraculous concept of assemblage, the delicate balance between Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, the commitment to Vintage are instrumental in the act of creation, revealing the wine’s extra soul.
10. Wiggle Cushion. Children who have the wiggles can easily find their place on a Wiggle Cushion, a cross between a ball chair and a seat cushion. Inflate it to the max to stimulate balance and core work, or deflate to use as a seat cushion that encourages movement. It features a smooth surface on one side and slightly raised “bumps” on the other so you can choose between receiving tactile input or sitting on a smooth surface. $26.99